WARRANTY AND TERMS
CHAPPELL DOOR COMPANY warrants that its doors listed below will provide satisfactory performance for their normal recommended use for the time periods shown.
For additional warranties or upgrades, contact the factory.
|STANDARD LIMITED WARRANTY||ARCHITECTURAL LIMITED WARRANTY|
DOOR CONSTRUCTION / REHANG
DOOR CONSTRUCTION / REHANG
|SCLC Lumber Core||Three (3) Years / One (1) Year||Five (5) Years / Two (2) Years|
|Particleboard Core||Three (3) Years / One (1) Year||Five (5) Years / Two (2) Years|
|20 Minute SCLC||Three (3) Years / One (1) Year||Five (5) Years / Two (2) Years|
|20 Minute Particleboard Core||Three (3) Years / One (1) Year||Five (5) Years / Two (2) Years|
|Agrifiber Core||Three (3) Years / One (1) Year||Five (5) Years / Two (2) Years|
|B-90 Minute, Mineral WH||Three (3) Years / One (1) Year||Five (5) Years / Two (2) Years|
|B-60 Minute, Mineral WH||Three (3) Years / One (1) Year||Five (5) Years / Two (2) Years|
|C-45 Minute, Mineral WH||Three (3) Years / One (1) Year||Five (5) Years / Two (2) Years|
|Lead||One (1) Year from shipment / One (1) Year from shipment||One (1) Year from shipment / One (1) Year from shipment|
|Standard Hollow Core||One (1) Year (up to 3/0 x 8/0 only) / No Rehang||One (1) Year (up to 3/0 x 8/0 only) / No Rehang|
|Veneered Edge||Two (2) Years (Door) & One (1) Year (Edge) / One (1) Year Rehang||Five (5) Years (Door) & One (1) Year (Edge) / Two (2) Years (Door) & One (1) Year (Edge)|
|Stock Edge||Two (2) Years (up to 3/0 x 8/0 only) / No Rehang||N/A|
Note: Exterior applications are excluded from this warranty. Contact factory for any door construction not listed above.
CHAPPELL DOOR COMPANY will have no liability under this or any implied warranties, unless, such doors have been handled, stored, finished, installed, and maintained (1) in accordance with the recommendations listed below, and (2)have been subjected only to reasonable and normal use. In addition, unless the doors are prefinished by CHAPPELL, CHAPPELL will have no liability under this or any implied warranty for the finish of such doors.
If any CHAPPELL door becomes defective PRIOR TO INSTALLATION, CHAPPELL will, at its option, either (1) repair the defective door, (2) replace with an identical new CHAPPELL door, i.e., in the same stage of fitting and/or finishing as was originally supplied (3) issue a credit not to exceed the delivered purchase price of the original door. No liability whatsoever shall attach until the doors involved have been paid in full.
In the event any CHAPPELL door becomes defective after installation, CHAPPELL DOOR COMPANY will agree, in addition to the above to pay REASONABLE EXPENSES for removing and rehanging consistent with the above schedule from date of invoice. Such removal and rehanging shall be performed only after the cost of said work has been determined and approved by an authorized representative of CHAPPELL. If the defect for which the door is being rejected was apparent prior to hanging. CHAPPELL will replace the door only and will not be responsible for the cost of removing and rehanging said door.
NOTE: Any claim for replacement of defective doors must be inspected and approved by an authorized CHAPPELL representative. The Purchaser/Installer is responsible to inspect all doors upon receipt and notify CHAPPELL in writing,within thirty days of discovery of any defects. All parties must be afforded a reasonable time to inspect and investigate said defects. Before corrective action is taken, charges must be approved by CHAPPELL, or they will not be honored. CHAPPELL, shall in no event, be liable for removal and rehanging costs in excess of (1) the purchase price of the door in the raw for doors supplied in the raw by CHAPPELL, or (2) the purchase price of the door plus the cost of factory prefinish for doors supplied prefinished by CHAPPELL.
- Size tolerance: thickness + or -1/16", standard widths + or -1/16", prefit widths + or -1/16".
- Squareness tolerance: diagonal measurement difference shall not exceed 1/8".
- Factory hardware preparation tolerance: + 1/16" minus 0" tolerance will be allowed on lock preparation cutouts.
- Stile, rail and core show-through (telegraphing) on hardwood veneered flush doors shall not be considered a defect unless the faces of the door vary from true plane in excess of 1/100" in any three inch span.
- Warp shall not be considered a defect unless it exceeds 1/4" in the plane of the door itself.
The following warp allowances are for 1-3/4" or thicker doors. Doors wider than 3'6" and less than 7'0" in height,the warp shall not exceed 1/4" in a section 3'-6" by the height of the door. Doors wider than 3'6" and higher than 7'0", the warp shall not exceed 1/4" in any 3'6" by 7'0" section. Doors up to and including 3'6" wide and over 7'0"in height, the warp shall not exceed 1/4" in any 7'0" length of a door section. “WARP” is any distortion in the door itself and does not refer to the relationship of the door to the frame or jamb in which it is hung. The term “warp” shall include bow, cup and twist. Measuring the amount of warp present in a door, the following method shall be used: bow, cup and twist shall be measured by placing a straight edge, taut wire or string on the suspected concave face of the door at any angle (i.e., horizontally, vertically, diagonally) with the door in its installed position. The measurement of bow, cup and twist shall be made at the point of maximum distance between the bottom of the straight-edge, taut wire or string and the face of the door. NOTE: Action on any claim for warp or telegraphing may be deferred, at the option of CHAPPELL for a period not to exceed twelve (12) months from the date of claim. If a door had been installed prior to such claim being made, the door must remain hung in the original installation during the period of deferment to permit conditioning to humidity and temperature.
Matters excluded from this warranty are as follows:
- Natural variations in the color or texture of wood.
- Unsatisfactory appearance or service caused by failure to follow recommended Handling, Finishing, and Installation Instructions.
- The appearance of field finished doors.
- Normal wear and tear including wear-through of the finish, or doors deteriorating for reasons other than material and workmanship of the door itself.
- Doors faced with different species of veneer. Doors faced with different colors or patterns of plastic laminate.
- The appearance of a high gloss on wood or plastic laminate doors.
- Cracking of veneer, or warp, on veneer or plastic laminate doors resulting from:
a. Doors that are improperly hung or do not swing freely.
b. Doors, except SCLC with acceptable stile and rail construction, that have light and/or louver cutout areas exceeding 40 percent of the door area or one-half the door height.
c. Doors with light or louver cutouts nearer than 5" to the door edge (6" -fire doors) or doors with less than five inches between cutouts for lights, louvers, locks closures, and/or other hardware cutouts.
- Cracking of plastic laminate surfaced doors with openings cut by other than CHAPPELL.
- Any delamination caused by failure to protect and seal all exposed surfaces of the door.
- Warranty against warp on doors less than 1-3/4" thick which are wider than 3'0" or higher than 7'0".
- Doors over 7'6" in height hung with three or less hinges. This also applies to pivots. An intermediate pivot must be used.
- Doors and/or panels faced with veneer from flitches supplied by the customer. CHAPPELL will bear no responsibility for the appearance of products laid up with veneer supplied by the customer.
DOORS - CARE AND HANDLING AT SITE
- Store flat on a level surface in a clean, dry, well ventilated area protected from sunlight.
- Doors should not be subjected to extremes of heat/or humidity conditions. Relative humidity should not be less than 25% or more than 55%.
- Cover to keep clean, but permit air circulation.
- Seal at the earliest possible moment. Edge seals are particularly important (see FIELD FINISHING).
- Do not drag one door across another.
- Allow doors to become acclimated to finished building heat and humidity before hanging.
- In fitting for width, trim equally from both sides. Fire rated doors shall be trimmed ONLY from the lock edge and shall be trimmed no more than 3/16".
- In fitting for height, do not trim top or bottom rails more than 3/4". Fire rated doors shall be trimmed ONLY from the bottom rails and shall be trimmed no more than 3/4" on 45, 60, and 90 minute doors. 20 minute doors shall be trimmed no more than 3/4" from top and bottom rails, unless ordered with oversized bottom rails.
- Threaded-to-the-head wood screws are preferable for fastening all hardware on non-rated doors and required on all rated doors. Pilot holes must be drilled for all screws.
- All 45, 60, and 90 minute doors may be hung with either half surface or full mortise hinges. Throughbolts must be used with half surface hinges and all other surface mounted hardware.
- Use two (2) hinges for doors up to 60" in height, three (3) hinges for doors up to 90" in height, and one (1)additional hinge for every additional 30" of door height or portion thereof.
- DO NOT REMOVE labels from fire rated doors.
- Doors prefinished at the factory should be compared with the approved finish sample before hanging. Installation of prefinished doors shall constitute acceptance.
C. FIELD FINISHING
- Just prior to staining, sealing and finishing, DOORS MUST BE COMPLETELY BLOCK SANDED, WITH NOT LESS THAN 150 GRIT SANDPAPER, to remove all handling marks and raised grain.
- Top, bottom, opening, and hardware recess edges must be sealed after fitting with at least two (2) coats of oilbased paint, varnish, or lacquer.
- Water-based stains, paint, or latex primers should be avoided whenever possible because they raise the grain, may cause veneer splits, and have a tendency to highlight veneer joints.
- Avoid dark colors on exterior doors in direct sunlight.
- DO NOT USE STEEL WOOL on oak veneered or fire rated doors.
- IT IS RECOMMENDED THAT A WASH COAT (THIN SEALER) BE APPLIED PRIOR TO THE USE OF A DARK STAIN IN THE FIELD TO AVOID BLOTCHY APPEARANCE AND/OR SHARP CONTRAST IN COLOR.
- MANUFACTURERS’ WARRANTIES DO NOT COVER APPEARANCE OF FIELD APPLIED FINISHES.
Terms are net thirty days from date of invoice. A monthly service charge of the lesser of 1-1/2% or the maximum rate allowed by law may be added to any invoice remaining unpaid after 60 days from the invoice date.
No shipments will be made to past due accounts.
No shipments will be made to an account if that shipment will exceed the credit limit established for that account.
All shipments are F.O.B. Washington Court House, Ohio.
All published price lists are subject to change without notice.
All orders will be priced at prices in effect at time of shipment unless specific quotes apply.
Orders are accepted subject to our ability to furnish, and may be revoked after acceptance due to conditions beyond our control.
Completion dates are the best estimate at the time of order entry and are not guaranteed ship dates.
Deliveries via Chappell truck may vary based on availability of equipment.
Cancellations or changes in specifications of orders in process of manufacture will be subject to our approval. Charges will be made according to costs incurred by us prior to cancellation or change. Completed orders can not be changed or canceled.
Merchandise may not be repaired, replaced or returned, at our expense, without prior written
approval from the factory.